Script Research

My position in my group is the Producer and the script writer. Being the script writer, I wasn't 100% sure how to begin my script so I did extra research and decided to analyse the the beginning of a few documentaries.

BlackFish 
8.3 IMDB

It starts with the original emergency phone call of when the incident which says what happened and then archive footage is used. 

They then go to begin the documentary with interviews of trainers at Sea World 


Planet Earth 
9.5 IMDB 


I enjoyed watching one of these episodes which was about Mountains. 

It begins with a cold mountain then moves onto hot mountains which then connects to volcanoes. It then moves on to the animals that live on top of these mountains. 

I liked the way that everything somehow connected with a majestic flow and you didn't notice how it went from mountains to volcanoes to animals. 

What I did for our script:

I decided for our script to begin by introducing the White Cliffs. So what they are known as and how they were created. In my mind, I'm thinking of having footage of the mountain shown and also introducing the presenter. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now or Never (2011) - A short film about family relationships

Evaluation

Documentary - Storyville Episode: Blackfish