Post-Production

Rough Cut 1

Drama:
               

Feedback from Simon: 

- Zoom works at the end
- Good opening
- zoom okay / opening okay

- More reaction shots needed from the two male actors
- A scene in the kitchen between Damon and Elena; they are far apart but when I go over  the shoulder they are close together - fix that
- Add atmospheric sound

Feedback to myself: 

- make the colour darker
- make sure the sounds blend in good

Self- Portrait

            

Feedback from Simon: 

- It's a simple idea but it would be great with good sound effects
- It will all be about the SOUND DESIGN
- As the sound, don't have the actual sound from clip (e.g. if its a sea, don't have the sound of the ocean) - as the sound have sounds from my life here in Rochester = doubling up story

Feedback to my self: 

- add more clips

What I did:


  • I re-filmed more reaction shots of my two male actors (thankfully they lived in halls so it was not a problem to grab them) - downside of this, is that I did not use the lighting like I did in my first shoot - therefore the reaction shots of them have a different colour than the rest of my project 
  • I made the dialogue smoother 
  • For the self-portrait I recorded sounds - streets of Rochester, the train, the park in London, but for the sound that I could not record my self (like the water running in the river) I used sound effects 



Final Rough Cut 

Drama
              

Feedback from Simon: 

  • In the introduction (the legs) have more atmosphere sounds (its night so what sounds would you hear? winds, drown type sounds) - atmospheric dound/music 
  • MORE SHOTS OF THE BOYS - STILL TOO MUCH OF HER 
  • Damons eye line is not correct; Elena bends down but Damon is still looking up
  • At some atmosphere sound or music - a bit dry/plain  
Feedback to myself
  • Do a bit of colour correction 
Self Portrait 
             

Feedback from Simon: 

  • make my eyes fade out and in smoother 
  • make hard cuts on the sound - don't let it blend in with each other 
  • in the last shot (sunset have all the sounds come together and then fade out) 
  • get rid of crowd talking throughout 
  • Cut at the end when I look up 
Feedback to myself: 
  • add a few more sounds 
  • Record someone saying - Camera, sound, Rolling, Action 
  • Have some white noise (see if it fits) 
What I did:
  • Added more shots of the boys 
  • search for ambience sound inside a house and night tie sounds 
  • fixed Damons eyeline 
  • For the self-portrait I made the transitions from my eyes to the shots smoother, recorded more sounds, and the rest that Simon asked to do (made the sound sharper as well)

My Opinion: 
Simon wanted me to add al the sounds to the last scene (sunset) and have them fade out. But after doing it and seeing what it looked liked, I personally did not like it. The sunset scene is the most important one for me because the sound that goes to it says 'we will shortly be arriving at Rochester' and this is extremely significant as it is my new home. By adding all the sounds it got washed out and you couldn't really hear it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now or Never (2011) - A short film about family relationships

Evaluation

Greek Cypriot Culture