Work Placement at Renegade

Renegade Production Company 

This blog post is me doing research on the company I am interested in doing my work placement. I wanted to find out what the company does. Also  I have blogged about what I did during my placement.

High quality television content
big entertainment show

Famous People who have worked with the company: 
Sarah Beeny
Cherry Haley
Heston Blumenthal
Tim Shaw
Ben Fogle
Tony Robinson

Cherry Haley 
--> UKs leading producers of 3D content (first 3D comedy for SKY, Safari Park Adventure for Discovery)

--> producers cinema documentaries
e.g. The Yes Men Fix the World 
Shock Doctrine 
The Sins of My Father 

-->sharp, contemporary ideas, highest standards = appeal worldwide

Shows in 2016 were:
My Life: School of Rock
Walking Through Time
Don't Tell the Bride
Lose Weight for love
Ben Fogle: The Great African Migration




Day 1: 
I got to work on the reality show 'Don't Tell the Bride'

What is it about: 
The program gives the groom £14,000 to organise a wedding without the woman being involved in any of the organising.

What I did: 
- I called tattoo parlours and burlesques and asked them if they could help us spread the word that we are looking for alternative couples, by adding a link on their social media and having flyers.
- then I emailed them and set email which explained the show and the link for them to apply, I also posted flyers
- there was a set speech for me to say when I rang them and a set email to be sent to them as well

Day 2 
Again for this day, I worked on 'Don't Tell the Bride'.

What I did:
- I was doing the same things as I did the first day - sending out emails and posters to tattoo parlours in different areas of England
- towards the end of the day, I was shown how to do logging and began to log one of the interviews of a couple. I used a program called Forscene
- I watched tutorials on youtube to get a better understanding of the program

Day 3 
I worked on a documentary for channel 4 called 'Warships' 


What is it about: 
A documentary on one of Britain oldest warships, Ocean. A camera crew followed some of the men on the shop; what they do everyday and how they go about when issues arise. 

What I did: 
- I did the logging for Episode 2 

The production manager of this show, Karen Kelly, was very impressed with me as I managed to do a whole one in one day. 

Day 4 
I worked on 'Warships' again 

What I did: 
- I did the logging for Episode 3 

The production manager of this show, Karen Kelly, was very impressed with me as I managed to do a whole one in one day. 

Day 5 
Worked on 'Warships' 

What I did: 
Warships:
- I did the logging and timecodes for the text on screen and the introduction of the people. This was so the production manager can check the spelling in the final edit 
- Burnt DVD copies of the first episode and mailed them to channel 4 
The Nick:
- went through a section of the script and highlighted the bits were the police raid the house. A solicitor of the person arrested asked to see view the bit were he is arrested. 
Office work: 
- printed out material release forms, location agreements and contributor release form
Head Runner:
- worked with the head runner in photoshop and edited a design for the development team, to help pitch their idea


Day 6 
Worked on 'The Tribe' and 'Warships'

Image result for the tribe channel 4

What I did: 
Warships
- added the voice over script to finalize Episode 3 transcript 
The Tribe 
- Time codes for Episode 2 
Admin Work 
- organised their DVDs from 2006 to 2007

Day 7 
Worked on 'Warships' and 'The Tribe' 

What I did: 
Warships 
- corrections and changes to Episode 3 transcript
The Tribe 
- Time codes for Episode 3 and 4
Admin Work: 
- continued organizing DVDs
- collected PM receipts, calculated total on each page for accountants

Day 8

What I did: 
The Nick
- the director of the show wanted to use a video which was uploaded onto youtube. I had to find out who posted it and pass the contact details onto the production manager so they can figure out how much it would cost for the rights of the video.
Admin Work 
- i logged all the DVDs that were in the storage room onto an excel document. This was saved on the drive for all people in renegade to access.
-  printed the document out for the head runner and explained to them how the system I created works and where he could find DVDs


Overall Opinion: 

I absolutely loved my time at Renegade. Initially, I was worried that they were going to make me do teas and coffees, but in the end I got to work on actual shows.

Doing the transcripts for Warships and The Tribe was a great learning experience.

I believe they were very pleased with my work, as Production Manager Karen Kelly asked if I would be able to do the logging for Don't Tell the Bride, as there was a position open and they needed somebody. Unfortunately because of uni I was not able to do but I asked if I would be able to contact them again in September and if they have any available jobs then to help them out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now or Never (2011) - A short film about family relationships

Evaluation

Greek Cypriot Culture