5th April 2017 - Set Rigged

I have never been so stressed in my life. I didn't know what to do first and which situation to tackle first. But I stayed on top and made sure everything ran smoothly and there were no bad situations.

I feel that we were called in too early and there was a lot of waiting about happening. We could not set up our stuff without the set being finished which delayed a bit (people only got half hour lunches and a lot of people were complaining) - I agree.

Problem: wires and how to cover them. I wasn't able to place that today because I don't know what the seating plan is so I am unable to place anything in the correct position. Becca and I will be arranging this tomorrow working around the camera since they have been placed properly. We will have a better idea of the layout and where I can put the safety for people not to trip over the wires.

Misreading Lauras email that I had to be in at 9, I missed the briefing on safety but was later briefly briefed and will also be there tomorrow to go over it again.

Thanks to having the first years being there it made my job much easier. Unfortunately, because the object were so heavy, the audience runners were not enough. 2 people had to be on each object, so I decided i could use camera assistants who were available. Also, the VTs being played during set change were short making it much more difficult to reach time. I was still on the set until the last 5 seconds fixing things. Never the less, we still manage to do.

All of our rehearsals on this day ran very smoothly today, we still made our time, the presenter knew his lines.

Although it was stressful it was also very exciting! It was great panic. And having a crew with me helped so much - I'm looking forward to tomorrow and finally getting to do the actual show.

Floor Manager role on this day -
1. went over script with director
2. marked were all the contestants and host will stand for lighting and also for them to know where they are standing
3. attempted to layout some chairs to see where they could go
4. briefed AFM and audience runners on what I wanted them to do - MUST go over this again with them on actual day because they were any aware of when to laugh
5. changed the set in good time and was not seen on camera so thats really good
6. tested out the idea on covering contestants ears for round 4 - noticed that we were switching music off too late so we began to do it earlier
7. attempted to do the banners but not good - will try again tomorrow this time making sure the audience runners know where they will be standing.
8. made sure cameras and rest of crew knew when were starting and if they were all ready
9. spoke with the lighting people and moved podiums about for better lighting

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now or Never (2011) - A short film about family relationships

Evaluation

Greek Cypriot Culture