6th April 2017 - Live Recording Day

This day was absolutely amazing!

When I arrived in the morning at the studio, I continued discussion with the lighting men and the director to make sure that everything was in the correct place.

Then, I made sure all camera people where on talk back. When George (the host) arrived, i brought him and his girlfriend into the studio, made sure they were okay and if they wanted anything to drink. I then left him in the care with the Producer.

After making sure everyone was in position, runners knew what they were doing and our stand ins were aware, we went straight into our first rehearsal. As the runners had practised on how to change the set and knew were to place everything it went very smoothly. Likewise, the second rehearsal was just as good.

I decided that I would place the spinner for round 3 under the hosts podium because it was an object that kept slipping my mind. Also, I had water, baby wipes, tissues, towels and the cream under his podium. Likewise, I placed water bottles under the contestant podiums as well.

After both rehearsals finished and Dell spoke to the whole crew on what would happen next, the contestants arrived. As Josh finished briefing them on the show, I spoke to them regarding in what positions they should stand in, and also how each round is place so they knew how it would be played. Both contestant were great and really understanding and seemed to really enjoy their time. I then left them in the care of the assistant producer and the green room runners. When everybody went for lunch, I took all the object off the set floor so the floor could be mopped, as soon as that was finished and dried, I set the set for the first round.

Slowly, slowly the audience began to arrive. I had the head runner on talk back so I could speak to him, but it seemed that he could not hear me. I gave him the buckets for the charity and asked him to explain to people what the cause was for and that there was no pressure in giving anything. Then the warm up act came, we set him up in the audience waiting room and then afterwards in the studio. We brought the audience in 25 minutes before the show went live because not enough people had arrived.

Whilst they were being seated the warm up act was playing. I also left 2 audience runners in the waiting room, just in case more audience arrived, and told them to come into the studio at 14:25. Once people were seated, and it was about 7 minuets before we went live, Simon gave his speak towards all the audience and then I had to speak to them and explain where all the fire exists are and also the rules of the studio. The warm up act then left and the show started.

The whole show ran really smoothly and we were 30 minutes on the dot!! Set change was really well done, but I forgot to put the cream on the pie game in round 3, but luckily that did not set us back. Audience runners were great on cueing the audience when to clap, laugh and be intense.

As soon as the show finished, all crew was called onto the set and Simon said thank you to everyone. Soon after the set was de-rigged in 40 minutes. The Audience runners showed the audience how to leave and I made sure the studio was clean and empty before leaving.

Floor Manager worked on this day: 

  1. Briefed contestant on show and how games are played 
  2. made sure my host and contestant were happy and the runners bought their lunch money 
  3. made sure set was ready for show 
  4. welcomed audience in the beginning and made sure all audience runners knew what to do and when I wanted them back in the studio
  5.  made sure all runners and camera people were in their positions before audience came in so we looked professional
  6. briefed audience on health and safety and told them the rules of the studio 
  7. counted down until we went live 
  8. made sure host and contestant were in their place for the opening show 
  9. Counted down all VTs and when rounds were over
  10. changed the set with the help of the runners 
  11. camera 5 memory filled up and made sure that they were all set  (camera 5 runner helped change the memory) 
  12.  kept audience clapping until credits finished 
  13. made sure everything was de-rigged properly and all equipment was taken back up stairs
  14. made sure studio was empty and clean before I left 
Production Manager: 
  1. gave the money to runners to feed the host and contestants, also get them any drinks they wanted 
  2. payed the host the money that was promised to him in his contract

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now or Never (2011) - A short film about family relationships

Evaluation

Greek Cypriot Culture