Previous E4 ads

As my sitcoms is for E4, I decided to have a look at how previous E4 shows advertised their shows through posters.  Below are posters from certain shows I chose to analyse:

Friday Night Dinner (Family)



- plain coloured background
- all four main characters - parents standing behind children; like a family portrait
- kids doing something silly, mum looking fed up and the dad uninterested
-  represents their personalities and the mischief they get up to at dinner

Fresh Meat (Students)



- bright neon colours --> group photo
- either house, wall, set or city as the background

Chewing Gum 





- Yellow is the main theme colour in most posters
- main character posing and smiling with a write up on details
- one poster has the other main charcters with the title on top
- Netflix posters show the council state in which it takes place in, in the background with bright colours over powering it





Inbetweeners 




- black and white
- all four main characters lined up
- sketch with a plane and simple background - either white some are blue
- not only are most of the posters sketch like but also their opening credits are as well.


Inspiration for my posters: 
For my posters I want to keep it simple and straight to the point - it is evident whilst looking at the above posters that they have done the same by showing who the main characters are and just the title of the show. Some of the ideas I have are as follows: 
  • the caricature images I have of my characters each one to have next to it the day, time and channel it will be showing (but only from the main characters: Andy, Stav, Hara, Yiayia Maria, Pappou Andrea and Kotchy
  • The cover page I am using for my book to be a poster as well with the details of the show
  • As the show covers topics such as drugs and sex I would like that to come through as well - either with brownies and marijuana next to it, ancient greek sex cards 
  • Likewise as the sitcom is based on a greek family have images which relate to greeks such as food, zivania, ouzo, greek coffee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now or Never (2011) - A short film about family relationships

Evaluation

Greek Cypriot Culture