Commissioned graphics Designers

For the graphics in my book and the front cover I decided to commission a graphics designer. Her name is Roxana Christou. Roxana has a degree and is a qualified graphics designer. The reason I decided to commission someone else to do the front cover for me is because I wanted to focus a lot more on my script, characters and storyline. I communicated with Roxana through email and phone calls where I described to her what it is that I wanted and expected.

Initially I gave Roxana an overview of my sitcom, who the characters are and what to expect to happen to them. I wanted it to be sketch based, so the attention is not drawn to who the actor is in my book but more who the character is and an idea of what they might look like.

What I requested: 
- Sketches of my characters
- design of my cover page for my book

Characters 

For the sketches of my characters i described to her how I imagined my characters, from their facial features to their hair and asked her for  black and white sketches of them: Below are the first set of images on my characters.
Stav
Sebastian
Mr Conrad 
Chantelle

Andy 
Hara 
Kotch 
Pappou Andrea


Yiayia Maria
Uncle Panny 

Front Cover 


As for the book cover a few different sketches were made where I then gave feedback and said what I liked from them; which one I wanted to be slightly changed and finally chose which one I want to be the front cover:




After showing this images to Simon he pointed out that it  looks more like a show that would be based Greece or Cyprus instead of being English.

I then though that I would keep it simple, and as it is various characters living in one house to show that, and came up with the below sketches with my graphic designer.





Simon felt that the show was not a clear representative of a house in London. Agreeing that house in London are stuck together, I asked Roxana if she could add, the same looking house on either side of the main house. The issues with this, is that the book is portrait and by adding the houses will looks squished and the characters not clear. Nevertheless, I think we achieved our goal with portraying a big house hold under one roof as shown below:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now or Never (2011) - A short film about family relationships

Evaluation

Greek Cypriot Culture