Style of Book

With the focus of my major project on screenwriting my book gives in depth analysis of my episodes and characters.

A sitcom designed for E4 should look like it belongs with E4. I researched the font used for E4 and applied that typography to my book. As for the colour, yes the main colour is purple, but I did I made the choice of not having a colourful background in my book as it did not match the look I want - simple and chic but I decided to make the colour of the writing purple.

As E4 has its own font it created - I downloaded it to use for my book.



Below are screenshots of a page with the E4 font and colour:




With a lot of consideration and more research I decided to change the font of the book. After I downloaded E4 font and added it to In Design I found it very difficult to actually read what I was writing. Also, the look of the writing was not very clear. Although this effects the branding, I researched and found out the the font used is called ITC American Typewriter which the program has and is much more clearer. Therefore, I went back and the font but kept it purple for it to be able to relate to E4. Below are screenshots which proves the writing is much easier to read: 




Wanting to make sure the text was as aligned as it could be and matched with the opposite page, I used grids in InDesign (as seen in the images above).

As a final choice, I decided that the actors should be in a different section of the book rather than under the character profiles.

Below is a screenshot of the content page:






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now or Never (2011) - A short film about family relationships

Evaluation

Greek Cypriot Culture