It's All Greek to Me Posters

My ideas for my billboard:
- i wanted to introduce characters
- provide information to my audience
- give them a taste of what to expect: weed brownies, sex scandals and greeks
- i chose the title as a poster - gets straight to the point: based in a house with many characters
- focus on billboards, posters and bus ads
- portrays the humour of the show and its bizarreness

As photoshop is not my strongest point or my area of focus, I still wanted to create something which showed what my sitcom was about and give the audience a hint of what to expect. Below are the first set of ad's which I made:




After showing Simon my billboards out he pointed out the inconsistency of the ads. Agreeing that either I use real life images or sketches/cartoons, I opted to focus on cartoons. Likewise,although E4 is a channel that would discusses issues such as sex and drugs, I was not able to find any ads from previous shows that would show the marijuana plant or sex cards (therefore I removed that idea completely). With a bit of extra help from my classmate Nisserin she showed me how to touch up the posters and make the less distorted.

Below are the final images I settled on for my posters. For one of my ads, where which is the house with the cartoon faces of my characters, I swapped them out for the actors faces to make it seem more realistic.

I included on my posters either all the characters, the main characters and the house which it is set in. I also included the name of the sitcom, the channels logo and the date and time it appears.






 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now or Never (2011) - A short film about family relationships

Evaluation

Greek Cypriot Culture