Development of Idea 2

Idea: 
Whilst writing the pilot episode and the synopsis, I was finding it difficult just to have Hara as the main character and the whole focus be on her. Therefore, I made it that in each episode Hara does something to humiliate herself in front of Mr Conrad and her parents are on a new adventure trying to spice up their sex life. It was easier to come up with a storyline and much more material.

Script:
The first version of the script was packed with comedy which is good. With the rest of the drafts I improved the way I introduced the characters and locations by giving them a bit of description and continuously tried to make Hara stand out more. I did so by making her humiliate herself and fail at flirting with Mr Conrad.

Synopsis:
The synopsis I struggled with in the beginning. I had very clear ideas of how the episode was going to go, scene for scene but when writing the synopsis for the book and Simon it was too detailed and lack descriptive words. After many version of also changing the story lines so that it is revealed on the last episode that Mr Conrad is in fact a English Cypriot and Yiayia Maria arranges a date for Hara with him. I tried in each episode to give an adventure of each character (with focus on Hara and her parents), and made sure that it matched the tone of the sitcom of being slightly slapstick with the characters actions.

Characters:
Hara is the main issue, her character seems too boring compared to the other main characters. Therefore, to the character description I've added that she is clumsy and a bit dim, making her storyline more interesting.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now or Never (2011) - A short film about family relationships

Evaluation

Greek Cypriot Culture