Casting

When it came to looking for my cast I put an ad up on Casting Call Pro. I explain in the description what the unit was, which university I am with, which poem I am doing and then my idea on the poem. After that I described how I wanted my character 59 to be.


4 people applied for the role. Since so any applied for the role, I told them that I would like them to send me an audition tape, reading out a part of the poem. 2 of the actors withdrew their applications and the other 2 did not respond back to me. 

This got me panicking. Fortunately I met a few people over summer at my work who are in the same industry. One of the people is a young boy from Whales who studied theatre. He recently had a premier for a movie he is in. After telling him what my project is about he seemed excited and interested in being part of it and would confirm with me if he could take time off work. 

Unfortunately, my actor friend was unable to be the character of 59. Therefore I continued to look for actors. I re uploaded the ad on casting call pro but had no luck. I knew that there was a boy at UCA who studies photography but has also starred in some of his own short films. Since he also fit the characteristics of my character I asked him, but he was unavailable for the day of shoot. He referred me to someone who he previously worked with but I had no luck there either as they were busy. 

Finally 

The only option that I was left with was turning to TVP students. I was going to ask Josh B but I didn't really want to have someone from my year. Therefore I looked at the first year and saw that Jason matched the characteristics for my character.  Luckily he said he had no problem doing it, and if we rehearse I believe that I will make it work. 

Jason Efstathiou
Character: 59 

For the female character (61) I asked my best friend who studies theatre in Cambridge. The reason behind asking her to have the role instead of advertising it was because it is a small role and I was afraid no one would be willing to have the role just for 30 seconds (I cant even find the main character). Not only this, but Christiana has been acting from a young age and watching her previous performances I knew she would fit the role just right. Christiana is very excited about playing the role and is a very dedicated person so I know she will not disappointment me and will do her best. 

Christiana Hartsiotis
Character: 61

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now or Never (2011) - A short film about family relationships

Evaluation

Greek Cypriot Culture