Initial Ideas and Final Idea with feedback

Initially I was going to go with the obvious love story about a boy who doesn't quite fit in society and the perfect, girl next door image. But eventually he fins someone who is just as odd and quirky as him. But after reading the poem over and over again, I wanted to take a different approach towards it. So I started to think about what reminds me about numbers, and I though of food. When you go to a fast food shop and order something from the board, like a Chinese place or McDonalds or Indian.


Since the poem itself is odd and funny, I thought about making the adaptation as well that way. I thought the craziest thing that I could do was make a love story about food. So, basically there is the main character (59) who constantly orders the same food (60). Eventually, 59 becomes dissatisfied with 60 and orders 61, where he realises that that is the number he should have been ordering all along. When I came up with this idea I went straight to Helen to see if it was too weird and something that didn't make sense but luckily she really liked it. So when I started making the shot list, I realised that towards the end of the poem 61 supposedly talks, so I thought maybe there could be a twist and the video is actually a love story. So we never actually see that it is about a woman, and as an audience you think that this man is lonely, depressed, weird and in love with his food but in reality it has always been about a woman we just never saw it until the end. So when 61 says 'You're 59, I'm 61, together we combine to become twice what 60 could ever be', that is when she comes into shot. 

When we had to present our idea to the year, I could good feedback that everybody liked it. Ida suggested that maybe it could be about bowling shoes (which I like) but I think I will stick with my initial idea as i can visualise it more. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now or Never (2011) - A short film about family relationships

Evaluation

Greek Cypriot Culture