Research into poem adaptations

This blog is me doing research on poems which have been adapted into short film to help give me an idea of what mine should be like.

I attempted to find a poem adaptation which has a comedic tone to it and a similar monatge idea to mine but I couldn't really found. Instead I came across one fiction adaptation poem which I truly enjoyed and feel that it has similar shots used to what I want in mine.

First poem (my favourite one) is:

   
Jake Dypka x Hollie McNish - Embarrassed from RANDOM ACTS on Vimeo.

It is my favourite one mainly because of the topic of the poem, which is about women being shamed for breast feeding in public places. I feel that this is a strong topic which should be discussed a lot more and argued more in favour of women being allowed to feed their new born baby where ever they are.

Throughout the short film, they show various scenes where women have to go and hide to breastfeed (public toilets = dirty environment for babies). With such powerful images, it gets the message across to the audience about what a mother feels and what she goes through when she is shamed for doing this. Likewise, I like how it showed a diversity races to show that it happens to the majority of women and not just a minority. Furthermore, the poem also emphasise's how we are constantly surrounded by breast (in magazines, movies) but that is acceptable for entertainment.

What inspired me for my video is making sure that my message (story line) is clear and obvious like this. Even though I will not have my character say the poem directly to the camera (it will be done in voice over), I think that it made the message for this video even clearer. A scene in this short film is when a man is reading the newspaper and the shot cuts to a mid close up and show the headline on the newspaper 'FEMALE BREASTS BAND: unless they're out just for show'. In my video I would like to have a clear, vivid visual reference to the poem which will grab the audiences attention but a humorous version since my poem is funny.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now or Never (2011) - A short film about family relationships

Evaluation

Greek Cypriot Culture