Pre-Production

Actors
Original Cast
  • Katerina Vassiliades 
  • Marianna Vassilaides 
Although they are young women, there sense of style was exactly what I was looking for. I was planning on doing there make up to age them and the hair style. But due yo work they had to cancel on me and I quickly had to find  replacement.

2nd Cast 
  • Helen Neofytou 
  • Despina Ramfos 
These were my replacement from my original cast. Both these women are in the 70s which fit my characters much better and saved me from having to do make up and hair. On the day of filming one of my characters was sick and could hardly breathe or stand - this prevented me from being able to film from different angles or for too long 

3rd Cast 
  • Helen Neofytou 
  • Katerina Vassiliades 
This was my final cast. But due to me asking the the day before they had already made plans for their day and were only available in the morning. So being on a tight schedule I did not completely full fill on the shots I wanted from my shot list. But I'm still grateful I found actors and that they were prepared to learn a script last minute.


Christina Vassiliades as Androulla<--

--> Helen Neofytou as Maroulla













My character description is a bit different to what we see in the video. I wanted my actors to be sophisticated and show their wealth but due to short notice and their busy schedules, neither of my actresses had the clothes I was looking for. Never the less, I'm still pleased with what I have as it is still a clear representation of the dress style of English/Cypriot women. 

Location 
Location 1 
  • It was supposed to be set in a modern house with a big kitchen and a rank new beautiful garden.  But due to those actors dropping out I was unable to use the garden I was hoping to (one of the actresses house). In my script  I talk about a beautiful garden but in the video I show only one flower. This is due because I had no garden. 
  • Palmers Green, London
Location 2 
  • The second place I filmed was in Sittinbourne due to finding a new actress I had to travel to her. 
Location 3 
  • My finals location was in Palmers Green but a different house from my original. It had a small kitchen in comparison to what I originally wanted 
  • No garden (unlike my script, but I do not want to remove that part from my script)
  • Not enough shots outside like I wanted because it was raining + my characters got the giggles and kept forgetting their lines

My script location is different from my video location. This is because I was under the impression of filming at my first location where the kitchen was bigger and Androullas house was more modern. The reason I havent changed it is because it fits my script and describes a lot better my characters and my situation.

For Androullas kitchen I wanted a big one but due to the circumstances I only had a small kitchen. 

(This is my main location)

Paper-Work

  1. Both signed the Artist Contract and consent form (I will not post the contracts as my actresses do not want their information available to the public)
  2. I have also filled out both call time and shooting schedule, risk assessment









































Props and equipment

The only prop that was needed was the cake and the coffee.

The main thing that I wanted was a greek looking environment which was successful.


  1. Sony EX2 Camera 
  2. clip mikes (should have had it on automatic instead of manual = lesson learnt)
  3. microphone (did not work) 
  4. Zoom H4N Portable Digital Recorder (used for voice over)

Shot List 
Shot List 1





Shot List 2


Final Shot list:


  1. Medium close up of Maroulla on phone 
  2. low angle of Maroulla walking 
  3. long shot of Maroulla walking into Androullas garden 
  4. close up of Maroulla picking the flower
  5. wide shot of Maroulla ringing the door bell 
  6. medium shot of Androulla on phone 
  7. over the shoulder of Androulla opening the door 
  8. Over the shoulder from Maroulla
  9. Over the shoulder from Androulla 
  10. Over the shoulder from Maroulla 
  11. two shot going into house 
  12. long shot walking into kitchen 
  13. medium shot of Maroulla
  14. Point of View from Maroulla to Androulla 
  15. medium shot of Maroulla 
  16. close up on cake 
  17. two shot of voice over

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now or Never (2011) - A short film about family relationships

Evaluation

Greek Cypriot Culture