Family: A short film

Director:
Kevin Admson 
Screenplay:
Brian Cochran 
Producer:
Ransom 
Executive Producer:
Duane Gaylord 
Synopsis:
I university student has to go back and visit his family for Thanksgiving. He doesn't look forward to it in the beginning but as the day progresses he realises how important family is to him. 

What intrigued me:
  • VO (having that in my video; showing what my characters are thinking, judging each other) 
  • point of view actions
  • Freeze frame and the a description of the character (its humorous description but also shows the stereotypical uncles, aunts and cousins you would have at a family dinner) 

  • The prayer which made him realises that family is everything and love each other no matter what (this is very relevant to Cypriot families as it is the complete opposite; if there is an issue with another family member they ignore them and are not invited to any gatherings; holed grudges and are stubborn

  • The end when he hangs the door decoration which says 'Family'. Signifies the title as well as the importance of the house (unity, love, comfort) 





I really enjoyed this short film as it reminded me of my characters family. The madness yet the love between everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now or Never (2011) - A short film about family relationships

Evaluation

Greek Cypriot Culture