Movie Director Brian Heldgeland










D.O.B: January 1st 1961

Where: Providence, Rhode Island, USA

Best Known for: Robin Hood (2010), L.A. Confidential (1997) and Mystic River) - he was writer and director for all three 

What movies of his I will focus on: Legend (2015) and 42 (2013) 







The two movies which I will be focusing on of Heldgeland are both biographical movies

Some background information on the movies: 

  

7.5 IMDB
Chadwick Boseman (main character) as Jackie Robinson 
Harrison Ford as Branch Rickey 
Nicole Beharie as Rachel Robinson
Christopher Meloni as Leo Durocher
Synopsis of movie: 
It is the story of Jackie Robinson (first black guy baseball player to play for a white baseball team) - he helped brake the colour barrier 



7.1 IMDB 
Colin Morgan as Frank Shea 
Tom hard as both Ronald Kray and Reggie Kray 
Emily Browning as Frances Shea 
Synopsis of movie: 
The film is about the Kray brothers (the most notorious criminals in British history) as they organised crime empire in the 1960s in East London 


Why did I choose these movies?
Mainly I really liked the style of the movies. 
42 had loads of emotional scenes like mine. My favourite scene is this one shot (tracking shot) of Jackie first walking into the locker room.

          
From the minute he walks into that locker room we experience everything he is. From when it was loud to quiet when he walks in, the judgemental looks of some of the players and then the welcoming of others. Then the fear and excitement when he looks at his uniform.
Furthermore, the colour of the movie is close similar in a way to mine (warm colours (mainly brown in this one and hints of yellow) which is close to drama).

The movie Legend is my new favourite movie. I like the suttle humour in the movie but also how Heldgeland manages to make the movie remain serious.

           
In the scene above, Heldgeland perfectly demonstrates the two characters complete opposite characters; one of remains calm while the other one has a fit or the one who craves for violence while the other one is relaxed.
Similarly in this movie the colour is the same as 42 - it has a brown/ yellow colour as well.

How it affected my video:
Even though the theme of my scene is completely different (involving vampires), Heldgeland made me think about how I want to present my characters and how different their personalities are. In my video I have carefully though about what they are wearing and through their face expressions (as most of my characters only have a small part).
Also, from the beginning of my scene I want to show the emotions that Elena is going through and make the audience feel part of it (connect with her).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now or Never (2011) - A short film about family relationships

Evaluation

Greek Cypriot Culture