Self-Portrait By Tom Salvaggio

                                 

I like the style of the video. He uses voice over which makes me feel like I'm in his mind. Also, how he uses POV and the camera follows him in his everyday life; this give us a better view of what kind of person he is.

It starts with his flipping through the dictionary finding words which best describe him; daydreamer. It then shows us his favourite day dream which is lying:






























This is a point of view when he is getting ready in the morning. He uses the voice over technique to tell us how he actually feels 'I don't care what i look like when i leave the house'.<--






--> We get a clear insight into what type of character he is; dangerous/adventurous. Wants to steal but never actually does.





From voice over we gather that coffee = his life (likewise with me). He hates art though. 

We also get an idea of his opinion about women. How they inspire him and scare him, there is a love/hate relationship between them.


It ends with a wide shot of him sitting  in a field in the middle of no where. Also, the  last definition he finds is forgettable



Although this film was enjoyable it didn't really effect my production. The voice over and the use of the dictionary was great but I felt the background music was louder than his voice and at points I couldn't hear him speak clearly. 
Something which I truly enjoyed was how we got a insight into his everyday life by following him around. Similarly, I am going to show footage of my life in a montage style.

Comments

  1. you've uploaded a couple of good entries of research into other artists, and some prep work on how your idea will be formed by the deadline. This is all strong work, but you need more of it. a clearer sense of how your self portrait film will be formed and more detail on the research of self portraits.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Now or Never (2011) - A short film about family relationships

Evaluation

Greek Cypriot Culture